Companies that are currently using a paper filing system that have their files mostly organized should use Barcode Scanning for a great solution to organizing files in DynaFile. By using Barcode Recognition, DynaFile can automatically separate large files into their separate documents and index them in the respective location automatically.
Scanning Packets Using Barcodes
Once your Barcode Cover Pages are printed, you can scan your packet into DynaFile.
To scan a file using Barcode Recognition:
- Select Tools from the Menu Bar
- Select Barcode Generation
- Select the Data Page radio button
- Enter the required Document Indexing information for the file you are scanning
- Commonly, the only required indexes that you need to fill in will be Status and Employee. Your system might have a Department or Location index, as well. Description is tied to the next tab for the Document Type barcode sheet, so please disregard. The Notes section is merely notes, for you, on this print-out. Notes will not process in DynaFile and are only meant to be a reference point.
- Select Generate Barcode
- Select Print to receive the cover page
- A Data Page will be printed for you to include in the scanning packet
- Place the Data Cover Page as the first page of your scanning packet
- Place the Document Type Cover Pages at the beginning of each section of your scanning packet
- Place the End Page at the end of your scanning packet
- Put the entire packet in your scanner and scan to DynaFile
- The included documents will be scanned to DynaFile and indexed using the barcode information that you created
- You can separate multiple documents of the same document type from the Batch Processing Interface at a later at your convenience.