Batch Processing is used for:
- Spitting and indexing large batch scans
- Indexing multiple documents simultaneously from the same screen
- Splitting apart large documents into smaller ones
Batch processing is used when Scanning a large, disorganized file into the system, or, when Importing multiple electronic files using Print to or Save to. You can also rotate, reorder, add and delete pages from the same screen. Documents that have been Imported to DynaFile, but have not been Indexed will be placed in the Batch Processing folder.
All un-indexed files can be located in the batch processing folder.
To Process Batches:
- Select tools from the Menu Bar
- Select Process Scan Batches
- If you have multiple Scanning Locations set up, select Location from the drop down menu
- Select your Scan Batch from the Batch Processing list to enter the Batch Processing Screen
- Select the required Document Properties for the first page of the Scan Batch
Learn more about Document Registration
- The box next to Start of New Document will be checked by default
- Select the next first page of the new document in the Batch Panel
- Check the Start of New Document box to designate the beginning of a new document
You will see a blue line designating this
- Repeat steps 5-9 until all documents are indexed
- Select Batch Complete
- All the documents Batch Processed are now filed in the specified location
Batch Processing Keyboard Shortcuts
You can use the following shortcuts to process batches of scanned documents.
|[Alt+Control-N] or [Enter]: Next Page
[Alt+Control-P]: Previous Page
[Alt+Control-S]: Start of New Document
[Alt+Control-B]: Batch Complete
[Alt+Control-L]: Rotate Current Page CCW
[Alt+Control-R]: Rotate Current Page CW
[Tab]: Tab Forward Through Index Fields
[Shift+Tab]: Tab Backward Through Index Fields
[Alt+Down Arrow]: Expand Drop Down Selection
DynaFile is an Indexed, virtual filing cabinet. Documents that get stored in the system are categorized by various taxonomies called Index Fields. Administrators have complete control over Index Field values within DynaFile.
Batch Processing can be used to Index multiple documents.